Borrowing Library Materials 

Patrons must present their library card for all checkout services, including museum passes.

Registration of Borrowers for a Library Card

Registration for a Brockton Public Library card is free. Members of the Old Colony Library Network (OCLN) may borrow materials from other OCLN libraries that are not restricted to their residents only.

Digital OCLN Card: 

An e-card allows patrons to place holds on print books, CDs, and DVDs. To borrow items from the library and access Brockton research databases (including those with e-books and magazines), you will need to upgrade to a permanent card when you visit. Register for an e-card.

*click tab to expand field

  1. Fines & Fees
  2. Loan Periods & Limitations
  3. Renewals & Reserves
  4. Museum Passes
  5. Project Outreach
  6. Interlibrary Loan

Adult Card

To obtain an adult library card, fill out the Adult Application Form (PDF). Adults must show identification showing their name, photograph, and current address.

Acceptable photo identification:

  • Driver's license
  • Massachusetts ID (issued by Registry of Motor Vehicles)
  • Passport
  • Military ID
  • Student ID

Acceptable current address identification:

  • Any of the above photo IDs which also show the current address
  • Checkbook
  • Utility bills
  • Lease Agreement
  • Personal mail with a current cancellation stamp


Students in Grades 9 through 12 must show one of the following pieces of identification:

  • Driver's License with current address
  • Current school ID with photo.

Students Grades 7 - 8

Students must show an official school document (i.e. report card or class schedule) for identification to receive a library card. Those without identification will follow the requirements for a children's card.

Children's Card

To obtain a youth library card for children to Grade 6, fill out the Child Application Form (PDF).

Children through grade six may receive a library card when they can print their first and last name or are at least in kindergarten. A parent, grandparent, or legal guardian/foster parent must be present and show identification with a current address. The application must be signed by the adult.

Lost Cards

Patrons must present identification for a replacement card.

  • Students - High School ID or official school paper
  • Children - Parent present with ID